Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Maxwell Rimmasch Magleby

Well now that things have calmed down a bit here I thought I should post my birth story.
2 Days before Max is born                        About 30 minute after Max is born.
                             
So it's Wednesday night August 3, Shawn takes off work work around 1am. I had had many nights of contractons and then nothing so when my water broke at 3:09am I knew he was on his way but no contractions. I called Shawn up and asked him if he could come home cause my water broke, he asked if I was sure I told him YES!!! Any of you ladies out there that have had a baby you KNOW when your water breaks. So he rushed home as I moved the bags to the front door and wondered around wondering if there was anything else we would need for the hospital stay, mind you I wasn't having any contractions at this time. Finally around 3:30am when Shawn got home I started having them, one then two then into the car for the hospital. This was my second baby so I totally had things under control, I wanted a natural delivery just like the last time. I walked through the contractions and I even walked into the hospital and to labor and delivery, checking in around 4:00am. They got me into the first room where I changed, I didn't want to be on the bed so I walked around , the contractions were SOOO intense I wasn't sure I could handle it. Shawn talked me through them as I walked around the room telling him "I can't do this Shawn I can't do this" crying a bit because I honestly didn't think I could do it. Things weren't happening like the last time and that freaked me out a bit. The nurse that checked me in wanted to know if I wanted drugs, I told her no then with Shawn holding me up I felt the need to push so I told the midwife and she put me on the bed to check me out, "She's  a 9, tell them we're coming" next thing I know they're rushing me down the hall to delivery. Oh I should mention this was at like 4:14am and little Max joined our family at 4:28am, August 3, 2011 weighing in at 8 lbs 5 oz and 20.5 inches long. Shawn was able to cut the cord (unlike with Elsie where the Dr. did it) I got to hold Max right away and thanked him for coming so fast. I was up walking to the bathroom minutes after he was born. Other then a bit of discomfort I didn't feel like I had just had a baby only hours after he was born. Natural childbirth is the way to go people seriously! Max was awesome too, he was eating before I went to recovery, he was so alert and interested in everything going on around him, just PERFECT.

Max is so beautiful and full of love. Elsie is thrilled to be a big sister and wants EVERYONE to know that that is her little brother. She loves to hold him and read to him, and is so helpful. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful little famliy!

Elsie the big sister.                                               Just before heading home.
 

No comments: